Thursday, May 17, 2012

May 2....I love life!

Hey everybody!
To answer Mom`s questions, yes I have normally have had hot showers, only in Jacarandas I didn`t have a water heater. As I have explained in other videos, they just attach an electric heater to the pipe. Dangerous yes, but it works. Also, I`m not in the same area just an area close to it. Maybe that was confusing. I am in the same ward building but in a different ward.

Well life has been great. In the district we are focusing a lot on praying and looking for answers. There are a lot of Elders that work really hard in the district and I think that if we recognize that we can`t do this without God, things will really take off. We talked about this in district meeting yesterday and Elder Ardon and I have been trying to put it in practice and have seen miracles happening, without really doing much.

First off, we have an investigator, Coralia  the mother of some recent converts, that has been listening to the missionaries for 4 months now (or something like that) and has not wanted to be baptized. Last lesson we asked her to pray to know what she needed to do to be baptized, because she has wanted to do it, but just hasn`t felt ready. We went back last night after about a week of not being able to meet with her, and we asked her how it went with reading the Book of Mormon. With a big grin on her face she told us, "really good, I`m ready to be baptized." She is very excited and said she wants to pray to know if she should do it this weekend or another weekend in May and based on her past experiences we didn`t push it we just said okay. We`re going to see how it went today.

Second, the other elders had about a month with an investigator named Thomas when I got into the area. We invited him to church this last weekend and he went with his daughter. He is a very educated psychologist and is very well known in the town. We went this morning to teach him and he really liked church and read all of 1st Nephi. He said he really wants to know if it is true because he is so tired of all the twisted doctrine he has seen.

I feel like we haven`t done much, but everything is just happening. The family that went to church, hasn`t really progressed, but we will see if they go this weekend.

I just wanted to share what has been on my mind lately. I feel like so much unneeded stress is had when we do what is one of the greatest human weaknesses or that is, compare ourselves to others. This is what we all know as pride. I have been thinking a lot about how necessary it is to have an eternal perspective and remember that this life is a race where not speed, but endurance is what matters. We can all get to the end and will get to the end as we are obediant, patient, and diligent. SOmetimes we need to pick others up along the way and others we need to get a little shove or help from somebody else. I feel so grateful to know that we have the hope that we will all be with God one day as his children.

I love this gospel and the comfort, security, and confidence it brings to all God`s children.

Love,
Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment